PRESENTATION OF CEPICI INVESTMENT PROMOTION CENTRE IN CÔTE D’IVOIRE
Area of ??Expertise :?
- Starting a business
- Facilitation of administrative formalities
- Access to the benefits of the Investment Code and to industrial land
- Getting business relationship
- Economic event organization in Ivory Coast and abroad
- Improving the business environment
- Platform concerted public - private sector
Under the authority and supervision of the President of the Republic, the Investment Promotion Centre in Côte d'Ivoire (CEPICI) is a public institution of administrative nature.
Article 4 of Decree No. 2012-867 of 06 September 2012 on establishing CEPICI, states that he is the one-stop shop for direct investment in Côte d'Ivoire, and, it brings together, coordinates and streamlines all government initiatives and actions for the promotion of investment and private sector development.
ROLE AND MISSIONS
CEPICI missions are cross-cutting which gives it a role dedicated to supporting the private sector and the interface between it and the State, in order to increase private investment in Côte d'Ivoire.
CEPICl shall :
1. ensure, through its one-stop shop for investment :
facilitation of administrative formalities relating to the creation, operation, transmission or expansion of businesses. Administrations and organizations involved in these procedures are, for this purpose, grouped within the CEPICl;
contribution to the reduction of cost and time for these procedures;
receiving and processing applications from investors for the benefit of the advantages of the Investment Code;
receiving and processing applications from investors for obtaining industrial land;
2. to instruct, to issue and revoke approvals for investment;
3. to ensure the promotion and attraction of domestic and foreign direct investment in Côte d'Ivoire, through:
the organization, both in Côte d’Ivoire and abroad, of fairs and business promotion events;
promoting public-private partnership with national and foreign investors;
research and identification of investors and the development of partnerships;
participation in the promotion of investment in Côte d’Ivoire in connection with the embassies and consulates of Côte d’Ivoire and abroad;
the business communication and marketing actions of Côte d’Ivoire as a destination for investment;
reconciliation of foreign investors with developers of Small and Medium Enterprises / Small and Medium Industries to promote national development thereof;
the establishment of an amusement device of Diaspora investments;
the creation and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system of all investments that received the benefits of the Investment Code;
ensure generally, in relation to the government and public and private bodies, the implementation of the provisions of the Investment Code.
4. contribute to all actions that contribute to the improvement of the business environment and make proposals to the Government;
5. to contribute to the implementation, as Agent execution, programs of the Government and development partners to support the private sector in Côte d'Ivoire;?
6. to be a meeting platform for exchange and dialogue between the public and the private sector to initiate and make proposals to the Government to address the concerns of the private sector.