Work in Côte d’Ivoire
PROCEDURES FOR HIRING FOREIGN STAFF
I/ Postulate: Local competences exist on the Ivorian territory and they are the one needed as human resources to recruit in a newly created company.
- So any job vacancy (employee research) should be report to AGEPE;
- Any job vacancy must be published for one (01) months in a national newspaper of general circulation.
- If at the end of this period (one month), the position is not filled by a national, the employer is allowed to recruit any candidates with the required profile in the country of their choice.
II/ Employment contract
- Prior to being hired, non Ivorian worker must hold a contract or letter of employment covered by AGEPE on a form established for this purpose.
- Within three (03) months (maximum) from the date of hire, the non-national workers must apply to the relevant administrative departments issuing a working permit established in his name.
- For work contract of limited duration, a visa is issued for a period of twenty four (24) months.
- For the open-ended contract, a long-term visa is issued.
- For the work contract visa
- Four (4) copies of the employment contract form of a non Ivorian to complete;
- Professional references (diploma, certificate of employment or work certificate);
- One (1) criminal record;
- One (1) resume;
- One (1) medical examination certificate.
- For Working permit
- One (1) work permit application to complete;
- One (1) copy of the employment contract in question;
- Two (2) same print passport photos;
- One (1) copy of the residence permit;
- 5000 CFA for settlement costs.
- For contracts of fixed-term work
- Non-Africans: A (01) months salary per worker targeted (base salary + differential
- African workers: Half (1/2) of the salary per worker targeted (base salary + differential)
- For contracts of indefinite duration
- Non-Africans: A (01) and a half months of salary per worker targeted (base salary + differential)
- African workers: Three-fourths (3/4) of the salary per worker targeted (base salary + differential).
- Are not covered by the various provisions:
- non-national workers paid by results, unless they are employed;
- salaried officers (CEO, General Manager, Deputy General Manager);
- farm laborers;
- domestic workers.